I completed this post some time back and just didn’t have the heart to upload it until today. Something or the other just didn’t feel right and I kept playing with the photos and the writing. Then last night I watched Julie and Julia for the nth time. Mister pulled the blanket over his head and snored while I lost myself to the sound of sizzling butter and more butter and more packs of butter. The movie is such a celebration of butter as a key ingredient in cooking and its something we shy so much from today. Substituting it with margarine or whatever lab synthesized stuff they will tell us wont go into our asses. My verdict on this is that we have to trust cows, they have been in this industry for way longer than Nutralite. So don’t shy away from butter because like they say, “everything is better with butter”. For me nothing in this world is as gratifying as butter but then off course there is Chocolate. And then if you think more there is cheese, so many types of it in so many different flavors, textures and aromas. So if we were to combine these divine ingredients would’nt the outcome be something absolutely irresistible and to die for. If I were to make a brownie and a cheesecake rolled into one how would one keep themselves from its seduction.
Let me tell you then, that you cannot. You will keep coming back for more, your guests will be floored and you will find your better half dunking it in milk with your little ones. Isn’t that what life is really about, food that is packed with so much flavor that every bite is an explosion in your mouth. Food that is so bold that it is almost slutty and gives away everything at your first rendezvous. I ensure you that you will love this recipe and it will leave you yearning for more.
CHERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIE
8 * 8 TIN
For the brownie
chocolate 150gms chopped
cocoa powder 2 tbsp
castor sugar 1 cup
vanilla essense 1 tsp
For the cheesecake
1/2 cup cream-cheese
1/3 tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 tbsp milk
couple of drops of vanilla or cheesecake essence
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup of cherry preserve/pie filling
- Preheat your oven
- Melt butter on a double boiler making sure you do not, I repeat, do not get any water near it. Keep it aside now cream together butter and sugar for the brownie.
- Mix chocolate in the butter sugar batter and cocoa powder and vanilla essence.
- Now add one egg at a time and beat.
- Stir in maida and cut in fold the batter carefully till uniformly mixed.
- Pour into a greased pan line with butter paper.
- Now mix together all ingredients of the cheesecake layer apart from the cherry preserve.
- pour this smooth mixture over the brownie and using a toothpick create swirls
- bake for 30 mins at 160 degrees
- Now spoon the cherry mixture over the brownie randomly and bake for an additional 5 to 10 mins
- The centre of the brownie will be slightly gooey so leave to cool before removing from the tin.
- in my opinion these brownies taste best after a day