The Best Chocolate Cake With Whipped Ganache
This recipe of my chocolate ganache is the easiest and the tastiest thing in the whole darn world. It will have you licking your fingers and leave you with an insatiable longing for more. And after you have eaten the cake you will have yourself making more for spreading on your toasts on biscuits or just mouthing dollops of it ,”just because”. The best part is that, its too damn easy and just needs 3 ingredients. The chocolate cake in this recipe is super moist and layered with this ganache and topped with berries, it graduates from being super yum to irresistible. I suggest you start making your list and prepone that trip to the supermarket to like…. NOW…..
- Chocolate Ganache 250 gms
- Cooking cream 200 ml
- Liquid Glucose 1 tsp
- Slice up your chocolate finely and uniformly and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Now in a saucepan heat cream and liquid glucose till just about to boil.
- Do not boil
- Now pour it over your chocolate and stir till chocolate melts.
- Pass the chocolate through a sieve and refrigerate covered with cling film.
- Dark chocolate 50 gms
- Soft butter 100gms
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence 1tsp
- Eggs 2
- Flour 100gms
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder 1tbsp
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees, grease and line your tin. (6 inches round)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and set aside to cool
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and keep aside.
- Using electric mixer cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg with 1 tbsp of flour mixture and beat well, then add the next egg and beat again.
- Add melted chocolate and beat till well combined.
- Fold half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and add 1tbsp milk. stir well to combine.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and milk.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 30 mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Assembling The Cake
- Chocolate cake
- Chocolate ganache
- 1/3 bowl whipping cream
- Soaking syrup of sugar and water
- Few drops of any liqueur of your choice (optional )
- In a large bowl beat the whipping cream till stiff peaks form.
- Mix this cream with the chocolate ganache and beat lightly till a mousse consistency is achieved.
- Now slice the cake thinly
- You make soak the cake with a mixture of sugar and water if you like and a little bit of liqueur.
- Spread ganache between the layers also throw in a berry or two.
- Top the cake with a large dollop of ganache and berries
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.